Tuesday 1 October 2024

The oath or affirmation taken by Members of Parliament (MPs), Members of Legislative Assemblies (MLAs), and other officials when assuming higher office in India is prescribed under the Third Schedule of the Indian Constitution. The wording for the oath differs slightly based on the position being assumed, but here is the general format used by MPs and MLAs:

The oath or affirmation taken by Members of Parliament (MPs), Members of Legislative Assemblies (MLAs), and other officials when assuming higher office in India is prescribed under the Third Schedule of the Indian Constitution. The wording for the oath differs slightly based on the position being assumed, but here is the general format used by MPs and MLAs:

Oath for Members of Parliament (MPs):

For members of both the Lok Sabha (House of the People) and the Rajya Sabha (Council of States):

Oath or Affirmation:

> "I, [Name], having been elected (or nominated) a member of the House of the People (or Council of States), do swear in the name of God (or solemnly affirm) that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India, and that I will faithfully discharge the duty upon which I am about to enter."



Oath for Members of Legislative Assemblies (MLAs):

For members of the State Legislative Assemblies:

Oath or Affirmation:

> "I, [Name], having been elected (or nominated) a member of the Legislative Assembly of [State], do swear in the name of God (or solemnly affirm) that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India, and that I will faithfully discharge the duty upon which I am about to enter."



Oath for Ministers (Central and State):

For ministers, both at the Union (Central) and State levels:

Oath of Office:

> "I, [Name], do swear in the name of God (or solemnly affirm) that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, that I will uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India, that I will faithfully and conscientiously discharge my duties as a Minister for the Union (or State), and that I will do right to all manner of people in accordance with the Constitution and the law, without fear or favor, affection or ill-will."



Oath of Secrecy:

> "I, [Name], do swear in the name of God (or solemnly affirm) that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person or persons any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as a Minister for the Union (or State) except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as such Minister."



These oaths are meant to ensure that elected and appointed officials remain loyal to the Constitution, the integrity of India, and the principles of fairness and justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment